Saturday, February 23, 2008

Nostalgia brought on by My So Called Life

I just purchased the series, 'My So Called Life' on dvd and I can't help but feel nostalgic. The following is an homage to that fabulous decade that now remains in our mind as the 90's.


Angela Chase an iconic teen facing the trials and tribulations, we all experienced but were unable to articulate.

"Sometimes it seems like we're all living in some kind of prison. And the crime is how much we hate ourselves. It's good to get really dressed up once in a while. And admit the truth: that when you really look closely? People are so strange and so complicated that they're actually... beautiful. Possibly even me. " -- Angela Chase

Jordan Catalano the must crushworthy character on 90's network tv! Oh the hair, the eyes, the swagger, and the flannel shirt -- love me some Jared Leto!

"Jordan Catalano was having...a conversation with me, like, on purpose. Like, a really nice conversation." -- Angela Chase

"Sometimes someone says something really small and it just fits into this empty place in your heart. " -- Angela Chase



Reality Bites -- Generation X'ers at their best! Michael Graves, yuppie tv producer, Troy Dyer, philosopher, Lelaina Pierce, valedictorian and documentarian, Vickie Miner, Manager of the Gap and sexually confused, Sammy Gray. My favorite movie of all time -- with some of the most quotable lines! I think I still secretly wish I could be Lelaina Pierce -- well, guess that's not so secret anymore. Everything goes back to Reality Bites!


***Still hoping to change my answering machine to: "At the beep please leave your name, number and a brief justification for the ontological necessity of modern man's existential dilemma and we'll get back to you "***

Troy Dyer: The only thing you have to be by the age of 23 is yourself. Lelaina: Yeah, well, I'm not sure who that is anymore.

Troy Dyer: There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a quarter-pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter become a cackle... and I, I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.


Michael Grates: Have I stepped over some line in the sands of coolness with you? Because excuse me if somebody doesn't know the secret handshake with you. Troy Dyer: There's no secret handshake. There's an IQ prerequisite, but there's no secret handshake.

2 comments:

dough said...

You forgot a really good one:

"Did he dazzle you with his extensive knowledge of mineral water? Or was it his in-depth analysis of, uh, uh, Marky Mark that finally reeled you in?"

Such a great movie. We should still start a bakery. We could actually call it Reality Bites...get it? Bites? eating?

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

AW!! Two of my all time faves! Of course, Reality Bites is my favorite movie of ALL time, but you already knew that! ;P


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones